"We were very pleased to have you as part of our Information & Communication Technology Sector Hub Panel. Our conference was a great success, especially for our conference participants, in part due to your (Nolan Andres of PeaceWorks) help."
PeaceWorks Online Backup
The Bad and The Ugly
Okay folks – I admit it – I too have had one of those days. You know the kind – you either have lived it or you dread it.
I'm at work for the morning madly getting ready for a one week vacation visiting family last Christmas. My son calls me at work and says he has a paper due before we leave, but the printer is making a funny noise. After a quick troubleshoot, I tell him to reboot the computer which he is unable to do because he gets some sort of blue screen of death. I tell him to leave it until I get home.
Upon arriving home the “printer noise” is actually coming from inside the computer. When pressed for further information, my son admits that just prior to the noise, a heavy snow globe sitting on the desk managed to fall onto the computer case (don't ask!). I immediately recalled that I had been meaning to do that backup for sometime but just hadn't found the time to do it in the past couple of months (maybe years). Well you get the picture – I'm still trying to collect the pieces of my life that were in the bowels of that hard drive.
So, what's the good news part of this story? Well, I only lost my data – not my entire organizations' data – I can afford to take time and piece things back together – but an organization or business may not have the luxury to do that.
PeaceWorks Online Data Backup Solution
PeaceWorks knows that data is at the core of your business. Your emails, customer records, documents, invoices – they’re all data you can’t do without! A data disaster can be crippling for a business or organization, and the cost of downtime can be in tens of thousands of dollars.
PeaceWorks decided to provide a convenient, affordable means of of helping our clients backup irreplaceable data from desktops, laptops and servers. With state of the art software and robust infrastructure, we provide an enterprise class online backup service that ensures you can quickly get up and running after any kind of data disaster.
Why Backup Online?
- Online backups are the easiest and surest way to protect your data.
- Backing up to an offsite server ensures that you can recover your data even in case of a physical disaster, theft or loss.
- Online backups eliminate many of the error prone steps associated with traditional backup methods like external drives. Users can restore ‘point in time’ versions of files without having to look for older versions on multiple drives.
- With our online backup solution, your data is encrypted and compressed even before it leaves your computers.
- After the first full backup, only incremental block level changes are sent – optimizing bandwidth & storage usage.
- Intuitive & user friendly interface works from within your browser! (or let us administrate your backups for you)
- Backup workstations & servers
- Backup all kinds of data: Documents, emails, Exchange, SQL, etc...
- Military strength (up to 448 bit) encryption of your data before it leaves your machine!
- Powerful Compression
- Intelligent backup of changed data only (after the first backup)
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OSX & FreeBSD
- Multiple scheduling options including continuous data protection & multiple full backup scheduling
- Point in time restores allow you to simply point on a version and click to restore
- Access to our professionals to assist as required
How It Works
- We simply install an agent on each computer (workstation /server) that you wish to protect.
- We make an initial full backup (called a seed backup) and load it onto our backup server(s). After the initial seed is loaded, incremental backups happen automatically and we can monitor and manage the process remotely – without ever accessing your data!
- PeaceWorks has a second replication backup server at a separate location to provided extra peace of mind that your backed up data will always be accessible.
- Pricing depends on the number of installations and the amount of data stored. Accordingly, you will be billed quarterly. Note: You are charged on compressed data storage; additionally, our intelligent incremental data feature backs up only changed blocks after the first backup.
There are numerous cloud back up services on the market. But our service provides you with access to professionals who will set up your back up regimen and who are available to assist with any of your restoration needs on an as-needed basis.
Remember: The question is not whether you'll lose data but rather - How prepared are you for when you do?
- About Us
- Integrated B2B Solutions
- IT Infrastructure
- H/W and S/W Sales
- Repair Centre (Toshiba)
- Online Backup
- News & Events
- Contact Us